Consulting Services

Consulting Services: I Provide "Maximum Benefit For Minimum Expense." Because of the progressive nature of my program I am able to provide services at a reasonable expense for maximum benefit utilizing my 35 years of Automotive Collision Repair Management experience. My programs accomplish this through education, facilitation and implementation of sound marketing, management and sales processes. Contact John Shoemaker - jsecollisionconsulting@gmail.com







"JSE Consulting is working today to change the habits of yesterday to make the collision industry better tomorrow!"







Friday, July 1, 2011

Increase Paint Profits

To increase paint profits, first, I look at the number of refinish hours per RO. I like to see around 9.0 hours per RO as an average. With direct repair program (DRP) restraints, basecoat reduction and blend within panel issues this can be difficult to achieve. Using the 9.0 hours per RO average as a target, review your current estimates and see where you can increase your number through small increments. Review the P-pages to see what is included, and start looking at estimates. Have estimators look at each other's estimates and challenge them to find areas to increase hours. I can usually find two-tenths to an hour per estimate by reviewing repair lines. I check for fuel filler doors, moldings, sail panels and the inside of rear body panels. After I check estimates I walk through the shop and look at the repair in progress. Many times I see fuel filler doors and moldings being painted as part of the quarter panel or a molding being painted as part of a door even though they are not on the estimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment