Consulting Services

Consulting Services: I Provide "Maximum Benefit For Minimum Expense." Because of the progressive nature of my program I am able to provide services at a reasonable expense for maximum benefit utilizing my 35 years of Automotive Collision Repair Management experience. My programs accomplish this through education, facilitation and implementation of sound marketing, management and sales processes. Contact John Shoemaker - jsecollisionconsulting@gmail.com







"JSE Consulting is working today to change the habits of yesterday to make the collision industry better tomorrow!"







Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Education Changes

There appears to be some relief coming in the No Child Left Behind Act that has paralized some technical training schools because of the SOL demands.  There are several reports about this on-line, you can google No Child Left Behind Waivers or follow this link to my local papers report http://articles.dailypress.com/2011-08-08/news/dp-nws-wire-no-child-left-behind-2-20110808_1_nclb-education-arne-duncan-education-reform My focus is on a key sentence "The administration proposes to reform NCLB by a more flexible and targeted accountability system based on measuring annual student growth on college- and career-ready standards, focusing on data and quality of teachers and principals."  I further my focus on "career-ready standards" as I believe this will help those students that do not do well in math or reading but have great capabilities with their hands.  Right now students are being pulled away from technical classes that they excel in and are put into remedial classes to pass the test.  This action has hurt the trade schools as well as the collision industry because the students are being pushed to a college ready standard versus a career ready standard.  I encourage all to once again become involved in the trade schools in your area as I believe these waivers will provide great opportunities for students that prefer to be career ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment