Consulting Services

Consulting Services: I Provide "Maximum Benefit For Minimum Expense." Because of the progressive nature of my program I am able to provide services at a reasonable expense for maximum benefit utilizing my 35 years of Automotive Collision Repair Management experience. My programs accomplish this through education, facilitation and implementation of sound marketing, management and sales processes. Contact John Shoemaker - jsecollisionconsulting@gmail.com







"JSE Consulting is working today to change the habits of yesterday to make the collision industry better tomorrow!"







Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Importance of Defining a Job

I have been in a shop the last couple of days helping resolve some administrative issues.  The biggest issue I found was that their individual jobs were not defined, no separation between each individuals tasks and that they mostly worked to keep the fires to a smolder.  When I presented the Customer Service Representative with a job description and the related tasks that went with the description she was elated.  She was elated because she now knew where to focus her attention, she knew when something wasn't within her control and she knew what was required of her.  I also sensed a bit of relief because previously she was working through whatever was handed to her and never felt she had completed anything.  Job descriptions are not difficult to create but make a world of difference to the employee.  When you combine a job descriptions with a task process list the employee becomes employed not just hired. 

Make sure you are employing people and not just hiring them, there is a world of difference to them and your business.

No comments:

Post a Comment